most of you can skip this bitch-fest.
I am a patient woman. Of all things that I'm bad at, patience isn't one of them. That said, I'm beginning to lose that. Being without electricity is a surprising hindrance. One that I thought wouldn't be a bad deal, but now it's been 9 days and it's a pain. I'm tired of hauling the extension cord in and out, of not being able to close my door most of the time, of not being able to run multiple things at once.
The bathroom has always been gross--mold on the ceiling and spiders in the shower--but it was doable before. In and out. But now it won't drain and cloudy water fills up beyond our ankles and sits there for hours on end. Snaking, bleach, plunging... nothing makes it better anymore.
We can't tell how hot the oven is, only 2 burners work on the stove, and ants thread their way through all parts of the house--up the bathroom walls, across counter tops, along my floor--without a necessary food source in sight.
We received a 45-day notice that we have to move out. All these things considered, odds are they've realized the house is illegal and need to make renovations sans occupants. The letter gave no explanation, legally they didn't have to. But I don't want to live here for 2 months with a backed up drain and outlets that spark, when they work at all. I love living here, honestly, despite the fact that the floors only stay clean for a day after you hands-and-knees scrub them and that someone put up cardboard to cover the termite-eaten walls. I love the view, the lanai, and that the wind is sweet. Mostly, I love the people. I don't want to move, even though I'm oddly excited about it. I'm just frustrated with the current conditions.
In the next 45 days I have to finish my thesis, get a job, and find a place to live. Completely doable. Someone needed to light a fire under my ass--a job I used to do myself, but haven't done lately.
I've been using the word "frustrated" a lot recently. But now, I'm not as much frustrated as I am pissed-and-therefore-taking-care-of-shit. Maybe slightly less patient because I don't have a lot of time for bullshit. Don't have time to spend wasting. Feels good.
End of complaining. We now return to your scheduled Daily Life.
1 comment:
its strange.
this eviction is like that last thing i need. but i think that on everyone's list considering all the things all of us are dealing with.
but as you say as well...i am kinda excited too, probably because, really, it can't and will not get worse then this plumbing/floor/kitchen/everything situation. at least we all have eachother.
Post a Comment